Areas Affected: Colbert; Lauderdale
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Alabama
based on forecasts from the Tennessee Valley Authority...
Tennessee River at Florence affecting Colbert and Lauderdale
The Flood Warning continues for
The Tennessee River at Florence.
* Until Sunday evening.
* At 2 AM Saturday the stage was 19.6 feet.
* Flood Stage is 18.0 feet.
* Minor Flooding is occurring and Minor Flooding is forecast by the Tennessee Valley Authority.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at 2 AM Saturday was 20.0 feet.
* Forecast from the Tennessee Valley Authority...The river will continue to fall to below Flood Stage by tomorrow morning.
* Impact...At 20.0 feet...Alabama State Highway 20 is flooded at the underpass below U.S. Highways 43 and 72. The underpass will likely be closed.
* Flood history...This crest compares to a previous crest of 19.7 feet on Feb 10 2010. && RIVER FLOOD OBSERVED 12PM 6PM 12AM 6AM CREST LOCATION STAGE STG DAY TIME Sat Sat Sun Sun STG DAY TIME TENNESSEE RIVER Florence 18.0 19.6 Sat 2 AM 19.3 19.0 18.4 18.3 Crested &&
Safety message... Do not attempt to drive through a flooded road. The depth of water is not always obvious. As little as two feet of water will carry most cars away. Also, the road bed may be washed out under the water, and you could be stranded or trapped. Interests along the Tennessee River should remain alert to rapidly changing river conditions, and stay tuned for later forecast updates from the Tennessee Valley Authority and the National Weather Service forecast office in Huntsville. Additional information is available at http://water.weather.gov. Once there, click on the Tennessee Valley to view local river information.