Saturday, on-site security told WAAY31 over 60 campers were evacuated from Point Mallard. This comes after a week of rain accumulated at the campsite and made it unsafe to drive. When the campground will reopen depends on rainfall in the next few days.
Saturday's rain sent Point Mallard campground to the limit with water.
Posted: Feb 23, 2019 11:32 PM
- Point Mallard Campground in Decatur closed due to flooding
- Point Mallard's campgrounds, golf course still flooded
- Decatur police charge suspect in Point Mallard Campground burglary
- McFarland Park campground reopens after being closed due to flooding
- Video captures 'Decatur gator' in Tennessee River near Point Mallard
- Decatur Police seek suspect in Point Mallard shooting
- Decatur police arrest suspect in Point Mallard shooting
- Point Mallard evacuates residents, McFarland Park sees intense flooding
- Decatur's Point Mallard Water Park to stay closed under Safer at Home order
- Point Mallard Waterpark To Remain Closed For 2020 Season
Scroll for more content...