A Marshall County road project was approved Wednesday morning after having been in the making for more than three years, and companies can now make bids for 14 days.
Officials said things like bats to burial grounds have caused slow movement in fixing the Aldridge Gap Road in Guntersville. A portion of the road was washed out during storms in December 2015, and it's been blocked from near Hester Road to Bluffview Drive since.
District One Commissioner Ronny Shumate said he hopes construction starts in March. Seventy-five percent of the funding for the estimated $408,000 project will come from FEMA.
For more information, click HERE.
- Marshall County road project approved, open for bids
- Commission opens bids for improvements to the Marshall County Jail
- Marshall County road projects on track despite heat
- Marshall County road project coming closer to reality
- Two road widening projects approved in Madison
- Marshall Co. Commission approves resurfacing for several Guntersville roads
- Bids approved for Florence school repairs
- $1.4M in road paving projects approved for Decatur
- Marshall County School Board approves emergency declaration after tornado damage
- Marshall County tornado shelters