The Jackson County Commission announced late Wednesday that one of the county’s part-time employees has died after contracting coronavirus.
A letter from Commission Chairman Tim Guffey says the Alabama Department of Public Health has confirmed this.
The health department has not sent out that information publicly.
This would be the first coronavirus death reported in Alabama.
Guffey says the employee worked in a department at the Jackson County Courthouse "that did not require regular contact with the public."
Stay with WAAY 31 on air and WAAYTV.com online for updates.
- Jackson County Commission says part-time employee dies after contracting coronavirus
- Jackson County Commission to vote on closing some polling locations
- Inmate dies at Jackson County Jail
- Jackson Co. Commission Chairman: 2 Highlands Medical Center nurses diagnosed with coronavirus
- Morgan County Commission approves state of emergency due to coronavirus
- Madison County Commission declares state of emergency amid coronavirus outbreak
- Marshall County Commission to hold emergency meeting to discuss coronavirus
- Jackson County Sheriff’s Office employees return to work after possible coronavirus exposure
- Madison County Commission approves $59 million budget