Parkway Place Mall in Huntsville has implemented new safety measures to protect employees and shoppers when it reopens on Friday.
The mall will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday and from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sundays.
It says the following measures are in place until further notice:
- We will follow all applicable guidelines set forth by local officials and/or health departments.
- Encourage everyone on property to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Prohibit groups of more than 10 people congregating in the mall common area.
- Mall events are cancelled or postponed until further notice.
- Closed until further notice:
- Food court seating areas
- Children’s play area
- Soft seating areas and common area gathering spaces
- Drinking fountains
- Require mall management staff to wear masks while in common areas, public spaces or when other individuals are present.
- Require all vendors and contractors to wear masks in the common areas, public spaces or when other people are present.
- Encourage our retailers to provide their employees with masks and that employees wear masks while interacting with others, when in the mall common area or public spaces.
- Place hand sanitizer units throughout the property.
- Conduct temperature checks on all mall management, security and janitorial staff upon the start of each shift. Require that anyone with a fever of 100.4 F or higher and/or anyone experiencing other symptoms return home and contact their healthcare provider.
- Increase the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing all high-traffic common areas with an enhanced focus on all touch points with CDC-recommended cleaning agents.
- Require each store and restaurant to follow applicable guidelines set forth by relevant government orders; which could include but is not limited to: occupancy restrictions, social distancing markers in checkout lines, cleaning and sanitizing procedures, and the closure of fitting rooms.