One person is in custody in connection with seven fires believed to have been intentionally set in Huntsville on Saturday, according to Huntsville Police and Huntsville Fire & Rescue.
The fires were set at these locations:
- 4851 Whitesburg Drive, a Plato's Closet;
- 1795 US Highway 72 East, a McDonald's;
- 2125 Winchester Road Northeast, an ALDI;
- 125 Winchester Road Northeast, a Dollar General;
- 6070 Moores Mill Road, a Kroger;
- 6140 University Drive, a Walmart; and
- 2718 Carl T Jones Drive Southeast, a Dick's Sporting Goods.
Police took a suspect into custody before 8 p.m. Saturday for the fires. The suspect is expected to face multiple arson charges, according to Huntsville Police.
The businesses sustained varying levels of damage. No one was injured in the fires.
The fires remain under investigation and could expand to include other jurisdictions, according to Huntsville Police.