UPDATE from Huntsville Fire Capt. Frank McKenzie:
Crews found heavy fire in the kitchen and attic area above the kitchen. Firefighters rapidly extinguished the blaze. All electricity and water was shut-off from the home.
Three adults were displaced and are currently residing with other family members.
Unattended cooking is the cause of the fire. Please remind residents that the number one cause of house fires in Huntsville and the nation in unattended cooking and can be stopped.
Under no circumstances, leave anything unattended while cooking.
Huntsville Fire and Rescue says a call came in around 5:53 p.m. for a house fire on Teejay Circle.
Fire officials say no one was in the home at the time of the fire, and the damage is mainly to the attic and is severe. Crews say there is minor damage in the home's living space.
Huntsville police and Huntsville Emergency Medical Services Inc. also responded to the fire.