Update: The Huntsville Fire chief says the fire was accidental and possibly caused by a power strip.
Huntsville Fire and Rescue is working to learn the cause of a fire that broke out at a home in the 2000 block of Dellbrook Drive.
The call for the fire went out shortly before 9 p.m. Sunday night.
Huntsville Fire Captain Frank McKenzie said one person was taken to the hospital after inhaling smoke. He was breathing when he was inside the ambulance.
He told us when crews responded to a scene, a mother had gotten herself out of the house and told them her son was still inside. Firefighters had to drag him out to safety before they could tackle the rest of the house.
Captain McKenzie told us there is heavy smoke damage to the right side of the house and a large hole in the roof of the home.
Neighbors described the fire as something they've never seen before and are glad everyone is okay. They told us the clouds of smoke were the biggest they've seen.
Huntsville Fire investigators also told us there were four animals inside. One was able to get out on its own, two were rescued and one died.
Red Cross will help the family, and Huntsville police said the road will most likely be closed through Monday morning.