Limestone County Sheriff Mike Blakely's arraignment hearing has been continued until November 12th.
Blakely's first court appearance was originally slated for September 26th. According to court documents, his attorney needed to push back the hearing due to a previously scheduled conflict.
Blakely faces a 13-count indictment. Most of the charges are felony theft and ethics charges.
- READ: Limestone County Sheriff Mike Blakely indictment documents
- Limestone County Sheriff Mike Blakely could face no jail time if convicted
- Limestone County Sheriff Mike Blakely arrested on 13 theft and ethics charges
- Limestone County Commission, Sheriff's Office issue statements on arrest of Sheriff Mike Blakely
- Limestone County Commission says sheriff's indictment won't impact public safety
- Retired Colbert County judge picked for Limestone County sheriff’s criminal case
- Limestone County Democrats respond to sheriff's indictment
- Limestone County judges remove themselves from sheriff’s criminal case
- Limestone County community is shocked by sheriff's arrest
- Sheriff's office, legal team talk after Limestone County sheriff indicted
- WAAY 31 I-TEAM: Documents show Limestone Co. sheriff reports winning at gambling, owns race horse