Decatur Fire & Rescue is investigating an early Tuesday morning house fire.
Crews got a call about 4:15 a.m. that a house on Clearview Street in Decatur was completely engulfed in flames and the roof fell in.
The Decatur Fire Marshal said the home is likely a complete loss. It is believed the fire started in a back corner of the home in a utility area.
WAAY 31 talked to a little girl who lived at the home with her mother. They were devastated by the loss.
No one was home, and no injuries have been reported.
"I was just shooketh. Like, I couldn't believe the house was burning up. I mean, I was like, it couldn't happen, you know? I thought, you know, this would never happen," said 11-year-old Heaven Garth.
Garth and her mother, Brooke, were at her grandmother's home when they got the call about their house being on fire.
"My grandma was saying, 'The house is burning up! The house is burning up!'" said Garth.
Heaven, her mother and her grandmother made their way to the home, which they found destroyed.
"When Engine Five got on scene, they said that the house was fully engulfed and flames were coming through the roof," said Lt. Stacy Rose with the Decatur Fire Department.
Heaven and her mom returned to the home after fire crews left, and they're shocked by the devastation the fire left behind.
"It just makes me feel, like, sad because this was, you know, this is where I lived and it's gone," said Garth.
Even though they lost all of their belongings, Heaven said she's grateful they weren't home.
"I was blessed that we wasn't here, because if we were here, my mom wouldn't be able to get out and the entrance would've been burning down. We couldn't get out, and I'd be the only survivor probably," she said.
The fire marshal said officials are still investigating to find out exactly how the fire started.