A baby is being treated at a hospital following a near drowning incident, according to the Lauderdale County Emergency Management Agency (EMA).
EMA Director George Grabryan told WAAY 31 that around 12:40 p.m., there was an emergency call that a baby got into the water in the beach area of Joe Wheeler State Park.
Shoals Ambulance responded to the 911 call along with Rogersville Fire, Rogersville Police and Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) Troopers. The baby was taken by AirEvac to a nearby hospital.
The current condition of the baby is not known at this time.
- Baby flown to hospital after near drowning at Joe Wheeler State Park
- Toddler in critical condition after near drowning at Joe Wheeler State Park
- New upgrades showcased at Joe Wheeler State Park in Rogersville
- Record-breaking heat extends Joe Wheeler State Park's busy season
- DeSoto State Park drowning victim identified
- Decatur student flown to hospital after falling from banister
- Man found in state park lake after apparent drowning
- Man Drowns At DeSoto Falls At DeSoto State Park
- Overturned 18 wheeler causing traffic delays
- 18 Wheeler wreck on US Highway 231