Athens Utilities says crews are working on Wednesday to replace 10 utility poles that fell during Tuesday night's storm.
The department says eight of the utility poles that fell are in Belle Mina, north and south of the substation.
See photos and video of Tuesday’s severe weather in North Alabama here.
- Athens Utilities replacing 10 utility poles that fell during Tuesday night storm
- Crews replace utility pole on Blue Spring Road
- Huntsville Utilities restoring power after storm knocked down 6 utility poles
- Somerville man killed after crashing vehicle into utility pole
- Traffic alert: Downed utility pole blocking Mooresville Road/Hwy. 20
- Vehicle wreck smashes mailbox, hydrant and utility pole; hospitalizes driver
- Down trees, utility poles block several roads overnight
- Driver arrested after crashing through utility pole on Washington St.
- Wreck knocks down utility pole, blocks Mastin Lake Road
- Boaz man dead after truck hit utility pole, trees