The winter weather threat is prompting many institutions, businesses and more to change plans for this week when roads are expected to be treacherous.
Coronavirus vaccine sites also are impacted.
We’re monitoring conditions and alerting you with the most accurate information via the WAAY 31 StormTracker Early Warning Radar Network. In addition to watching WAAY 31 News, you can access all three of our radars HERE.
You also can download our WAAY 31 Weather App to stay informed. More info HERE
We'll update this list as we learn more:
* Wells Fargo branches in North Alabama are closed Tuesday.
* The Von Braun Center has rescheduled its Fat Tuesday event. It now will be held Thursday.
* Sunny Street Cafe in Madison is closed Tuesday.
* All Recycling Alliance of North Alabama (RANA) curbside recycling collections for this week are now DELAYED. Crews will resume collections as soon as possible and will continue throughout the weekend in order to complete all daily routes. To ensure your collection, please place and leave your cart out until emptied. Some areas may experience further delays depending on road conditions.
* Gemstone Foods in Decatur is closed Tuesday.
* Redstone Federal Credit Union branch offices are closed Tuesday.
* City of Florence municipal offices will remain closed Tuesday. All Florence garbage, recycle, and curbside trash services are delayed until further notice.
* The Alabama Department of Public Health announces the following county health departments that will be closed:
- Northern District: Colbert, Cullman, Franklin, Jackson, Lauderdale, Lawrence, Limestone, Madison, Marion, Marshall, Morgan and Winston. Persons scheduled for COVID-19 booster doses at the Northern District county locations will be worked in over the next two weeks
- Northeastern District: Blount, Calhoun, Cherokee, Clay, Cleburne, DeKalb, Etowah, Randolph, St. Clair, Shelby and Talladega. Northeastern District public health departments will open at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
* The Crestwood Medical Center Vaccine Clinic is closed Tuesday. People who had appointments for 2/16 will be contacted to reschedule.
* In Lincoln County, the courthouse and health department are closed. There are no coronavirus vaccines or testing on Tuesday or Wednesday, at this time. The health department will be contacting individuals to reschedule the appointments.
* Redstone Arsenal will be closed Tuesday. An announcement regarding Arsenal operation status for Wednesday will be issued after 4 p.m. Tuesday afternoon.
* Contingent on the actual weather conditions Tuesday, Feb. 16, Huntsville Hospital may open the John Hunt Park Community Vaccination Clinic for those individuals with confirmed Tuesday appointments. Please check Huntsville Hospital’s website, www.huntsvillehospital.org, for actual clinic open times.
* Wayne Farms Decatur Fresh 1st shift cancelled Tuesday and 2nd shift normal hours
* All Redstone Federal Credit Union branch locations will be closed Tuesday. Members are encouraged to use online banking or Call-24 to access their account information.
* Owens Cross Roads Town Hall and Municipal Court Offices will be closed on Tuesday.
* NARCOG Regional Transit Services will not run Tuesday.
* Arc of Madison County closed Tuesday
* Teledyne Brown Engineering closed Tuesday
* D&F Equipment Sales Incorporated and AL Machine Works in Crossville are delayed until 8 a.m. Tuesday.
* All Madison recreational facilities will be closed on Tuesday.
* NASA Marshall will be closed Tuesday.
* Weather permitting, Huntsville City Hall and municipal offices will reopen Tuesday at 1 p.m.
* Huntsville Transit's Orbit bus service will begin at 10 a.m. Tuesday. Access paratransit will run its regular schedule.
* Huntsville residential garbage service may be delayed by two days this week. Put your cans curbside until sanitation crews can pick-up.
* Municipal Court in Huntsville will delay opening until 2 p.m. Court will begin with the scheduled 8:30 a.m. arraignments.
* Cancer Center of Huntsville closed Tuesday
* Decatur City Hall is anticipated to return to normal operations Tuesday with a two-hour delay. Administrative offices will open at 10 a.m.
* Morgan County Courthouse closed Tuesday
* The Madison County Courthouse and County offices will be closed Tuesday. Madison County Transportation for Rural Areas of Madison County (TRAM) will also be closed on Tuesday, February 16, 2021. Essential County services including the Madison County Sheriff’s Department, County Fire, and Dispatch will continue to operate during inclement weather.
* All YMCA facilities will be closed on Tuesday.
* DeKalb County Government Offices and Courthouse Closed February 16th
* All SWDA facilities (Waste to Energy, Household Hazardous Waste and the Landfill) closed Monday, Feb. 15, 2021. They expect to reopen Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on road conditions, but normal operating hours may be delayed upon reopening.
* Recycling Alliance of North Alabama (RANA) curbside recycling will operate on a one-day delay for this week. Each day's collections will move forward one day. This delay is subject to increase as conditions warrant.
* The Alabama School of Cyber Technology and Engineering (ASCTE) in Huntsville will not have in-person instruction on Tuesday.
* The EarlyWorks Children's Museum is closed and will be open on its regular schedule Wednesday.
* Valley Internal Medicine Athens closed Monday and will be open for a half-day on Tuesday
* Huntsville-Madison County Public Libraries
* Due to inclement weather, the Greater Ardmore Chamber of Commerce office will be closed on Tuesday.
* City of Athens offices will be closed Tuesday due to inclement weather.
* Gemstone Foods in Florence will be closed Tuesday.
* All Kroger Stores in the North Alabama/Middle TN area will close at 6 p.m. Monday, due to the weather. They will not reopen until 8 a.m. Tuesday.
* The Franklin County Courthouse is closed Tuesday.
* The courthouses in Albertville and Guntersville will be closed Tuesday.
* Due to inclement weather, all Limestone County Commission Offices and the Limestone County Courthouse will be closed Tuesday.
* The Colbert County Courthouse will be closed Tuesday and the commission meeting is cancelled.
* HEALS, INC. Clinics will be closed Tuesday.
* City of Florence municipal offices will have a delayed opening on Tuesday at 10 a.m.
* JM Smuckers facility in Decatur is closed Tuesday and will reopen at 6 a.m. Wednesday.
* Clearview Cancer Institute will close Tuesday, Feb 16th, all locations except Anniston.
* Due to hazardous and icy road conditions, there will be a 2-hour delay on all garbage and recycling pickups on Tuesday, February 16, for all commercial, residential, and recycling pickups in the City of Scottsboro.
* On Tuesday February 16, 2021 the Lauderdale County DHR will delay opening until Noon.
* Due to expected hazardous road conditions countywide, per Acting Chairman Jason Venable, the Jackson County Courthouse will be closed Tuesday, February 16th, 2021.
* Community Free Dental Clinic will be closed Tuesday.
* H & S Cabinets in Fayetteville is closed Tuesday.
* Sunshine Mills in Red Bay (all locations) closed Tuesday
* R&D Electronics Closed Tuesday in Brownsboro
* The Decatur Municipal Court dockets for February 16, 2021 are cancelled.
*Pediatric Gastroenterology Associates in Huntsville is closed Tuesday.