STREAMING NOW: Watch Now
CLOSINGS: View Closings

UPDATE: Monday Villa Madrid Apartment fire ruled accidental due to smoking

The scene of an overnight Cobb Road fire in SW Huntsville.

Huntsville Fire and Rescue says a person smoking caused the fire.

Posted: Jul 5, 2021 3:02 AM
Updated: Jul 7, 2021 8:07 AM

Huntsville Fire and Rescue has ruled that an early morning Monday fire at the Villa Madrid Apartment Complex was caused by a person smoking.

Four people were displaced because of the fire. Officials said four units responded to the scene on Cobb Rd., just off of Drake Avenue. just after 1 a.m. Monday.

There were no reported injuries.

Huntsville
Cloudy
41° wxIcon
Hi: 43° Lo: 34°
Feels Like: 35°
Florence
Clear
42° wxIcon
Hi: 44° Lo: 35°
Feels Like: 35°
Fayetteville
Cloudy
39° wxIcon
Hi: 41° Lo: 34°
Feels Like: 30°
Decatur
Mostly Cloudy
41° wxIcon
Hi: 44° Lo: 36°
Feels Like: 32°
Scottsboro
Cloudy
40° wxIcon
Hi: 43° Lo: 34°
Feels Like: 34°
WAAY Radar
WAAY WAAY-TV Cam
WAAY Temperatures

 

Community Events